Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Eggcelently Speedy Breakfast

Let me be the first to say if you are one of those people who claims you aren't an omelette person, you are seriously missing out! Omelettes can be one of the lowest cal, quickest, easiest, and yummiest breakfast toss-togethers out there, if made in a healthy manner. Really, the only trick is to follow the formula of egg whites+veggies+spices, and use cooking spray instead of oil. If you're the eggs-require-cheese type, then breaking up a fat free cheese slice, or sprinkling a little cheese in your omelette won't kill you either, but as far as the omelette necessities are concerned, if you can do without the cheese, I say do-- especially if it's your pre-workout snack!

For my omelette, I basically just used what veggies I had in the fridge-- spinach, sauteed onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes, though if you have peppers, carrots, or anything else you may like in your omelette, all veggies are allowed! I also added some onion powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and a few grinds of my favorite chipotle seasoning to my egg whites before they hit the pan.

While I don't think an omelette requires a step-by-step, per say, to prepare, simply spice up your eggs, sautee your veggies, put them aside, pour your egg whites into a sprayed pan, let them brown, add your veggies, flip, and you're good to go. If you like a "closed" omelette, then instead of flipping the omelette like a pancake, fold it in half-- just make sure the middle cooks through!

And, if you're feelin frisky, like Tiny Tummy was, feel free to top it all off with a little hot sauce (or salsa or ketchup if you so desire. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment