Friday, November 2, 2012

Souped up

As I'm sure many of you know, Hurricane Sandy pretty much wreaked havoc on lower Manhattan, and Tiny Tummy's apartment was no exception. Having to bear it with no power or cell phone reception is no easy task, but thankfully, Tiny Tummy is always prepared when it comes to food, though I will say, Sandy had this Tiny Tummy eating slightly different than usual. If nothing else, we can thank Sandy for a few new Flab Free Food Finds, as well as a few new simple recipes which Tiny Tummy most likely would have never tried without Sandy rearing her ugly head- all of which can be prepared without anything other than a gas stove (and really, you don't even need the stove- it just makes things hot!) Anyway, this first post-storm post is dedicated to a new non-perishable find from our friends over at Amy's.



Amy's Organic Lowfat Minestrone Soup was part of dinner one night when I was powerless, and I have to say, it was quite tasty... probably due to the high sodium content (580mg per ½ can- YIKES), but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. The entire can only has about 180 calories and with only 6 grams of protein, I was surprisingly full afterwards. The mix of veggie, noodles, and kidney beans was yummy, and since I was able to heat it on my stove, the warm soup was a nice dinner after a cold, dark walk home! Chances are, in the future, I will try to make this guy over into my own, less- sodium recipe, but for a shelf-stable soup find, taste-wise, this sucker is a winner.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment