Friday, November 9, 2012

Grilled PB&J (Another Sandy Creation)

As I've said in the past, I'm somewhat of a snob when it comes to bread- I simply don't like sliced bread unless it's toasted. I know, weird quirk, and while I should have put this aside given the Sandy situation, I refuse to eat food I don't like, so I found a way to get a little innovative.

While PB&J sammy's are fairly traditional storm food, grilled PB&J's add a whole new spin to this classic, and since my gas stove was up and running, I was able to grill my sammy in a pan, giving it an almost toasted complexion. All you have to do is prepare your PB&J as usual (self-explanatory, but bread, PB, and jelly/jam/preserves/etc.), and pop it in a pan. You can feel free to add a little butter or non-stick spray to your pan, but I was actually so lazy that I didn't even spray the pan, and the bread still got brown. The key to getting the inside of your sandwich warm and gooey is to place the top of a pot over the sandwich to trap all the heat in while it cooks, and don't over-flip the sandwich. Really let it cook on the one side before you give 'er a flip.

For anyone who says PB&J's are boring, try kicking it up a notch with this trick! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment