Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fav Things Friday

Oprah may have her list of favorite things, but when it comes to healthy eating picks, Tiny Tummy's got you covered. For the next few weeks, Tiny Tummy will be providing my favorite things within a given category in honor of the holiday season. This week, I'll share my Top 5 kitchen must haves.



1. Vitamix: This guy can be used as a blender, soup maker, food processor, ice cream maker, and pretty much anything you can think of. I've never made better peanut butter than I have in the Vitamix, and my squash casserole and mashed fauxtatoes come out best in my Vitamix. You can't find a more versatile machine.


2. George Foreman Grill: If you live in an apartment like I do, there really is no way to have a barbecue, but that's no reason to stop you from making burgers or steak. I love my mini George Foreman Grill for this reason (and not only cause it's pink!) It makes an extremely moist burger, a juicy steak, and nothing quite compares to grilled salmon.


3. Mandolin: Handy Mandy is great for slicing veggies super thin. Whether it's for a salad, stir fry, or anything else, the ability to get such a thin slice is nearly impossible with a knife. Just be careful to use the grip piece so you don't slice your finger- these things can be dangerous!


4. Frother: This is your key to a calorie-free (or almost) latte. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to learn I could make frothy coffee without the milk, sugar, and cream that traditionally goes into latees, I was thrilled. And you can get one for under $5!

5. A Tea Ball: I know it may seem like a strange one, but loose leaf tea can be some of the strongest, most delicious tea, and having a tea ball allows you to steep mug by mug of delicious, loose-leaf tea. And, you can find these for 99 cents if you're lucky!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment