Saturday, June 23, 2012

Curry in a Hurry

So I won't lie, I stole the name of this post from a really delicious Indian food restaurant in NYC; however, the recipe I am going to share is actually for a Thai curry- my favorite Thai curry- Massamun Curry! There is the most incredible spice market down the block from my apartment, and after spending about a half an hour just gawking at all the different fresh spice blends, I came across a Massamun curry paste, which I just couldn't leave on the shelf! Massamun curry is just about my favorite Thai dish, but it isn't all that healthy with all the full-fat coconut milk that it is cooked with. I decided to experiment with the paste, and see just how much flavor it has on its own, and let me tell you, it has a LOT, so cooking with it was fairly easy since it didn't require much added to it. All I did was add it to about 1/4 cup of Flax milk to turn it into a marinade and then marinated some chicken breasts in it for about 5 hours, threw it in a tin foil pack with some veggies, and baked it in the oven until the chicken was cooked through and the veggies had softened, and let me tell you, it was INCREDIBLE! My mom actually said it was the best chicken she's ever eaten- something about the paste/Flax milk mixture made the breasts incredibly moist- seriously, it practically melted in your mouth. Not bad for a dish whipped up in less than 10 minutes!


Just a disclaimer: it doesn't look NEARLY as good in this photo as it tasted- bad photography skills on my part, but you'll just have to make it and taste it to get the full effect!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment