Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fizzy Fun (sans cancer)

While I don't drink sugary sodas, I do love a good carbonated beverage. I've grown up drinking seltzer, but recently, after reading some labels, I learned that all seltzers are not created equal! A lot of the artificially sweetened seltzers are sweetened with Aspartame and Acesulfame Potassium- both of which have been proven causes of cancer! Needless to say, there is no reason to drink these toxins, so now, when I buy seltzer, I am always on the lookout for the ones that are made with "natural flavors" (whatever that means :\). I will admit though, the ones with the cancerous sweeteners definitely have a sweeter flavor, but I try to avoid these sweeteners if I can, so for my safety and yours, here are a few of the offending seltzer brands as well as a few safe picks (and a helpful recommendation- my personal fav!)


Safe Picks: Vintage, Polar, Poland Spring, Seagrams, Naturals Seltzer, Canada Dry, Adirondack,


And of course, my personal favorite (*drumroll please*)...


...White Rock Seltzer in Kiwi-Strawberry!

Steer Clear of: Clear American (sold at most Walmart locations), Shoprite brand seltzer, and as a general rule, most store-brand flavored seltzers. Just to be safe, read the labels!

Disclaimer: Almost all plain seltzers are safe. This is really for the flavored seltzers! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment