Friday, June 15, 2012

The Right Stuff: Stuffed Chicken Recipe!

Pinterest can be dangerous sometimes. I have seen countless numbers of recipes for stuffed chicken breasts, but I had never thought to actually try making my own. I always buy the thinly sliced breast or the breast tenderloins, so stuffing isn't usually an option; however, my mom accidentally bought these MONSTER breasts last night, and I decided to make the best of the situation and try out my own take on stuffed chicken breasts, and let me tell you, they were DELISH! And since I remembered to photograph my dinner, you guys get the recipe! Yippee!



Stuffed Chicken Breasts (for 2!)

For the inside:
2 Chicken Breasts sliced in half almost all the way through
1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (I used garlic and herb!)
6 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (Give or take a few)
sauteed onions and mushrooms, along with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, onion and garlic flakes to taste
1/4-1/2 a cup of fresh tomato sauce (or hot sauce if you want to spice it up!)

For the outside:
Lots and lots of spices, or hot sauce, or marinara sauce... basically whatever you see fit! For my breasts, I covered those suckers in tons of garlic and onion flakes and sprinkled some garlic and onion powder on them! Yummy!

To prepare: Preheat your broiler, spread the laughing cow cheese wedge evenly on the inner pockets of both chicken breasts, add your pepperoni, onions mushrooms, sauce and spices, coat those suckers with  whatever spices/sauce you see fit, and cook until well browned (maybe about 15 minutes- possibly longer if your breasts are super thick!) 

Feelin' Frisky? I bet these would be DELICIOUS stuffed with some homemade pesto! And if you're a big cheese fan, a little fat free mozzarella goes a long way- I added some extra to my mom's and she loved it!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment