Monday, June 11, 2012

Low Carb Lovers- Look Out!

A few of my favorite local health food stores carry a bunch of low carb products by a company called Eat-rite. 




They make pizzas, sandwiches, brownies, etc. all of which claimed to be extremely low in carbs, low-cal, low in fat etc. I always had a hunch they were too good to be true, so whenever my mom would beg me to buy them or give her the okay to buy them, I always said I think we'll pass. I don't know why I was so skeptical, but it's a good thing I was because as it turns out, a recent study was released that their nutrition labels were WAY off! Apparently, their "210 calorie" pizzas actually clock in at over 500 calories! That's more than double! And for dieters going out of their way to try to eat healthy, this is a serious crime in my opinion! If you want to read up further, you can do so here, but my advice is to just avoid these products altogether! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment