Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Low Carb Pasta Picks

When I first started following a low carb lifestyle, I thought pasta was something I had given up for good. All of those starchy carbs meant unnecessary calories I did not wish to take in, so I can't tell you how excited I was when I found the following pasta products. All three of these pastas are high in fiber and protein, low carb, and DELICIOUS. Seriously, you wouldn't even know you're eating low carb pasta, and for those of us following a low-carb lifestyle, it certainly satisfies the pasta craving. While the serving size is fairly small (2 oz.), I guarantee it will keep you full, and if you're not pairing it with an additional protein, there's no harm in indulging in more than one serving! Live a little, right?


Anyway, here are my three favorite low carb pasta picks!






Atkin's Penne one is probably my personal favorite. It tastes just like regular penne, and while I actually like a whole grain taste, with pasta, I don't mind the taste of traditional white pasta. And with 140 calories, 11g protein, and a whopping 18g of fiber per 2oz serving, this is a filling dinner in itself, and delicious with a little homemade pesto or homemade marinara sauce! You can order this pasta online, or it's available at some GNC or Vitamin Shop locations!


If fettucini is what you crave, look no further! Carbanada's low-carb, roasted garlic pasta is DELICIOUS! At 140 calories, 6g fiber, and a whopping 12g of protein per 2oz serving, it's super filling, and when paired with the right veggies, it will keep you full for hours! I'm also a huge fan of making a garlic/seafood sauce to pair with this pasta, and just a heads up, it cooks VERY quickly! This stuff is fairly hard to locate, so I suggest ordering it online! It also comes in a variety of different flavored noodles, but I've only tried the roasted garlic since it was soo good! (Why fix what isn't broken, right?!)




When I was little, mac and cheese was my favorite! And as I've grown up, I still love elbow pasta for some reason, so when I came across this high fiber mac and cheese, I figured even if I didn't like the cheese part, the elbows were worth trying, and again, they were quite yummy! The serving size of this stuff is 2.5oz, and contains 160 calories, 7g of protein, and an impressive 18g of fiber! I actually liked the macaroni on its own as well as with the cheese, though I didn't add the recommended milk/butter that the package suggested. I've seen Fiber Gourmet's pastas in some supermarkets, though again, you might have to order it online.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment