Thursday, June 14, 2012

Low Carb Pizza

Heads up: You're about to receive an insanely delicious recipe that includes an exciting combination of some of my favorite refrigerator staples as well as a few new food finds! Basically, this post might as well be a diet bible!




First of all, on my break at work today, I was BEYOND excited when I came across these tortillas. I've had the original tortillas from La Tortilla countless times, but when they released the new Garlic and Herb variety, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a pack! Unfortunately, I hadn't been able to find them in the supermarket until today, and let me tell you, I knew I was making something with them for dinner and boy am I glad I did- they are DELICIOUS! I can't wait to toast one up and add my tofu salad (low-carb wrap anyone?!). These delicious tortillas are only 50 calories each and have 5g protein, 6g fiber, and only 4 net carbs- totally guiltless!






Second, this recipe calls for this cheese wedge. Lifetime's cheese products are pretty amazing. They are all fat free, 40 calories per ounce, and have an impressive 8g of protein! For fat free cheese, you really can't beat that! And the best part is, they melt really well, making them an awesome addition to pasta, pizza, sandwiches, etc. I've even been known to shred some of this stuff over my steamed veggies and making that a meal. While this recipe calls for the Mozzarella variety, they make a ton of other funky flavors, such as Garden Vegetable and Jalapeno Jack!


Anyway, onto the recipe! Dinner tonight was low carb pizza- prepared in under 10 minutes! I'll make this super simple and to the point (just like the preparation!)






You will need:
1 La Tortilla Factory Tortilla
1 oz (or more if you like a lot of cheese on your pizza) Lifetime Mozzarella Cheese shredded
1/4- 1/2 a cup of marinara sauce (I use my homemade marinara sauce that I keep in the freezer at all times!)
2 cloves roasted garlic (a fridge staple!)
spices to your liking (I sprinkled some onion, red pepper and garlic flakes along with a little onion and garlic powder!)


To prepare, simply toast your tortilla in a toaster oven or on a baking sheet until it starts to get crispy (5 minutes I'd say), spread the roasted garlic, tomato sauce, cheese and spices onto the tortilla, and return to the oven until the cheese is melted. Told you that was easy!


Feelin' Frisky? Add some slices of fresh tomato, sauteed onions and mushrooms (fridge staple!), turkey pepperoni slices, sauteed spinach, grilled pineapple or any other pizza toppings of your liking!


The nutritional information will depend on what toppings you put on your pizza, but if you make one with just the basics, as listed, the pizza should have less than 150 calories! (If that's lunch or dinner, you better make more than 1!) With all of that fiber and protein, you've got a meal that will fill you up and keep you full for hours! And it's totally low carb and guilt free!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment