Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Very Best Veggie Burgers

At this point, I consider myself to be somewhat of a veggie burger connoisseur. I've tried quite a few brands of veggie burgers, and I am constantly trying new ones as I find them. While I have a hard time picking favorites, these are my top five favorite veggie burgers (and I keep at least 2 or 3 of these in my freezer at all times!)






Morningstar Farm Spicy Black Bean Burger (120 calories, 4g fat, 4g fiber, 11g protein)
These frozen patties have chunks of corn and black beans in them, and when paired with some lettuce, tomato, and a little salsa (Trader Joe's peach salsa goes very well!), you have a Mexican/Southwestern-inspired burger meal!

Feelin' Frisky? Add a dollop of guacamole or a few slices of fresh avocado!

Boca Grilled Vegetable Burger (80 calories, 1g fat, 4g fiber, 12g protein)
While these burgers are a bit slimy in texture, they have a cheesy-veggie taste unlike any other burger. If you're not a fan of a cheesy veggie burger, I wouldn't suggest these guys, but if you like a mix of cheese and chopped veggies (think little chunks of corn and peppers) these patties are the way to go! I eat them with a slice of fat free cheese melted, some lettuce, tomato, and my beloved black bean dip.

Boca Original Vegan Burger (70 calories, .5g fat, 4g fiber, 13g protein)
If you're looking for a ground beef burger replacement (with a fraction of the calories and fat!!), this is your burger! I've already reviewed these suckers here, so I won't beat a dead drum!


Health is Wise Chicken-Free Patties (110 calories, 1.5g fat, 2g fiber, 12g protein)
Seriously, think Wendy's chicken sandwich (an old fave of mine). Again, I already reviewed these here, but let's just say these patties+Walden Farms BBQ sauce+lettuce+english muffin=heaven.

Gardenburger Black Bean Chipotle Veggie Burger (100 Calories, 3g fat, 5g fiber, 5g protein)
While these are similar to the Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers, they have a bit more of a kick. If you're someone who likes spicy (like me!) then I highly recommend these, but no sense in keeping both these and the Morningstar ones stocked at the same time!

I'm constantly trying new burgers, so I will keep you posted as I find any hidden gems! (Next on my list to try are these Sproutburgers)
Pin It

2 comments: