Saturday, May 5, 2012

Black Bean Bonanza

In light of the fact that today is Cinco De Mayo, I thought I would share one of my favorite Mexican- inspired food finds! Oasis's Black Bean Dip is pretty killer! It's great to dunk veggies in, makes a great addition to a 7 layer dip, and it's great spread on a high-fiber tortilla (black bean burrito anybody?!). Oh and did I mention that a 1 ounce serving only has 11 calories? No, I didn't leave a zero off- I really mean 11 Calories! Granted, since the dip is fat-free, you lose the protein that black beans usually contain, but if you're craving a burrito but don't want all the calories, this is the way to go!


The company also makes a great low-cal lentil dip and hummus spread! The downer is these things are ridiculously hard to locate and fairly expensive, but if you can manage to get your hands on them, I'd suggest a Cinco De Mayo burrito celebration! I might just have one myself! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment