Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Quest for Quest Bars!

I'm sure we've all had those moments midday where it isn't quite meal time, but we're STARVED. For moments like these, I always make sure I'm prepared- with a protein bar packed neatly in my bag, but with the hundreds of different protein bars out there, how to choose which to buy?! In order to kick your hunger, you need lots of protein, and in order to stay ful, you need fiber- so the trick is finding a bar that has the best combo of the two. And today is your lucky day, I've done the research (and the taste-testing!) for you! 






Clocking in at an impressive 20 grams of protein, an average of 18 grams of fiber, and anywhere from 160-200 calories, the Quest Bars are the way to go. These things are so convenient and are literal lifesavers when I'm hungry, but on the go! I'm not exaggerating when I say I ALWAYS have one with me. The downside? These suckers are expensive, and pretty difficult to find. I buy them at The Vitamin Shoppe, and they sell them at some GNC locations, but I've recently discovered that they are cheaper online, so my next purchase will definitely be from their website!


At this point, I've tried almost all of them and honestly, I haven't found one I don't like! My favorites are probably the coconut cashew, chocolate brownie, and chocolate peanut butter, but like I said, they are all good. They are extremely dense and chewy, which I like, as it allows you to really chew and digest them. Just a warning, they are not like a candy bar- if you want a candy bar replacement, I'd opt for the Atkins Bar (a post on those to come), but as far as a low-cal, keep-you-full protein bar, these can't be beat! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment