Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How to avoid stress eating

I've found that stress effects people in one of two ways. Either it makes people eat crazy amounts, or it causes loss of appetite. Either way, it's not healthy! I have definitely found myself a victim of both of these scenarios, and now, I have come up with a simple way to avoid falling into either of these situations. When I know I'm going to be stressed, or when I find myself in a stressful situation, I always make sure to stop, take a deep breath, and ask myself "Am I hungry?" If I'm having one of those eat-out-of-stress days, this will usually stop me from eating something when it's only out of stress. And if I'm having one of those days where I can't eat because I'm stressed, it reminds me that I need to! Sometimes, just taking a second to stop and breathe can actually save us from a diet disaster. I know it seems simple, but it's worth a try!


What do you do to avoid stress-eating? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment