Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sorry Paula, No Butter for this Tummy

So tomorrow morning, my parents and I are going to a taping of The Chew, and rumor has it, Paula Deen is set to be the special guest. Everyone knows Paula is known for her excessive use of butter, so I thought I would share a few of my butter substitutes, as I rarely use butter for anything!


For starters, if you're looking to replace butter as a spread (on a bagel, toast, etc.) I highly recommend Brummel and Brown Yogurt Spread or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (light)- both have a buttery taste at a fraction of the calories and fat! The stats are fairly similar on both products, so it's really a matter of which one you like better. The I Can't Believe It's Not Butter comes in a Whipped and Olive Oil Variety as well!








If you're someone who uses butter to coat a pan to keep things from sticking, cooking spray is one of the best inventions known to man! They even make a butter flavored one! (Though I prefer Coconut Oil spray like the one by Spectrum- it makes everything taste like coconut and is said to be much healthier than canola oil!) Just a disclaimer though, these cans claim to be 0 calories, but the serving size listed is for 1/4 of a second spray, so if you're spraying for more than 1/4 of a second (and let's be real here, you are!), then it will add a few calories, but again, it's SO much less than using butter!






How else do you use butter? I bet one of these products could replace it!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment