Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

First of all, happy Mother's Day to all the Mommy's out there! 


The original plan for today was to surprise Mama Tiny Tummy when she got back from the gym with homemade, diet-friendly pancakes and take pictures to share the recipe with everyone in the blogosphere, but when Mama Tiny Tummy got home this morning, she stopped the process dead in its tracks because she didn't want to eat pancakes!


So instead, I thought I would share a list of my top 3 Brown Bag Breakfasts- for Mommy's on the go. Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it's important not to skip it. With all of our busy schedules, there isn't always time to prepare something elaborate, such as pancakes, but you don't want to find yourself starving later because all you grabbed for breakfast was a measly apple! (Where's the protein people?!)


So anyway, here are my top 3 Brown Bag Breakfasts:


1. A light English Muffin (Fiber One are my fav!) with 2 slices of fat-free or reduced-fat cheese (and hey, if you have time to toast it and throw a few slices of tomato on it, why not, right?!)


2. A Quest Bar or another high protein, high fiber bar


3. A Reduced-Fat Cheesestick (or 2!) and a big container of berries (Protein+Fiber=Satisfied Mommy!)


Personally, I always make sure to leave myself enough time in the morning to make myself a real breakfast, so I know I won't be hungry later, even if it means getting up 15 minutes earlier. I give you these options above because I recognize we don't all share that mentality, but I will definitely share some of my favorite breakfast recipes down the line! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment