Thursday, May 3, 2012

Slammin' Sammy!

While I am not a vegetarian by any stretch, for some reason, I really love a lot of veg-friendly products. Natural Power-Fu, for example, makes a mean spicy Hawaiian-Taste Salad. Not only is it vegetarian-friendly, but it's also egg-free, low-carb, and super low-cal! It's great on its own, or in a sandwich, or in lettuce wraps... the possibilities are pretty much endless! The downside? It's fairly expensive and pretty hard to find if you don't live in the NYC area. The company makes a bunch of other salads (as well as premade sandwiches and wraps if you're on the go and can't make your own), which all boast impressive stats! I choose this one because I like the taste best, but I know others who like some of the other salads better. You can find a list of all of their different products here



Since this small container usually costs around $3.99, I like to add what I can to it to bulk it up so it lasts longer! I've been known to add more celery and carrots to the mix, as well as some chopped scallions, chives, and I recently started dicing jalepenos into it as well!

Which brings me to my lunch today! Nothing beats a good home-made sandwich- especially a vegetarian-friendly, high fiber, high protein sandwich!


Curious to know what's in it? Well first of all, our spicy Hawaiian-Taste Salad is making an appearance, after being doctored up with all the extra veggies (look at those beautiful jalepenos!). Then you've got your usual lettuce and tomato, and finally two slices of dairy-free, fat-free cheese on Trader Joes Sprouted-Grain, high-fiber bread! I also added some freshly ground pepper to the Tofu-Salad to give it even a little extra kick!

Talk about a healthy, satisfying lunch! What did you have for lunch? 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment