Monday, June 4, 2012

Tray Chic

Not to toot my own horn, but I've become quite the problem solver when it comes to my food dilemmas. I started drinking coffee in college, and not as a study tool but just because it was free in my dining hall and I decided I actually like the way coffee tastes- especially the flavored kind. I refuse to go out to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts and pay 5 bucks for a designer coffee though- in my opinion, it's a total waste of money when I can brew my own at home, and it tastes just as good. And, just a little not-so-fun fact, both Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks sweeten their iced coffee, so while coffee is usually a virtually calorie-free beverage it's not if you splurge on these novelties!- And don't even get me started on the Frappuccino and other sugar-laden drinks they serve... let's just say I'd rather have a brownie or a cookie for the amount of sugar, fat, and calories in some of those suckers!




Anyway, enough ranting, and back to my problem solving skills. When I used to make my iced coffee, I always found that within a few hours, the ice would melt and my coffee became a watery mess. I like my coffee strong, so the watered-down mess was a serious problem, which sparked a great idea- coffee ice cubes! Now, in my freezer, I keep an ice tray filled with cubes of coffee at all times, and whenever I make myself an iced coffee, those are the cubes I use! Genius in my opinion. I'm sure I'm not the first to have this clever idea, but I figure why not spread the knowledge?! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment