Friday, June 1, 2012

Beet that craving!

Every once in a while I'll crave old fashioned potato chips, but considering they have no real nutritional value, I try not to eat them. Today was once one of those days, I had been given some extra golden beets from my job, so I decided to experiment making chips I had never made before- Beet Chips! 




I had seen many recipes online in the past for beet chips, and they seemed easy enough to make, so I figured why not?! I had made chips from other veggies before in the past (broccoli chips are among my fav- made from the stems of broccoli!), so today was the day to try beet chips. The verdict? Not bad, but I like chips made from other veggies better (turnips, jicama, carrots, broccoli, and butternut squash are among my fav). Regardless, making beet, or any other veggie chips is really simple! Just preheat your oven to 350, slice your veggies super thin (I use my mandolin for this), season as you please, and bake on a sprayed sheet for 20 minutes on each side or until they crisp up! The beet chips were best sprinkled with a little cinnamon on them, but if you want a more savory chip, a little garlic and onion powder goes a long way on broccoli chips or turni-chips!


What's you favorite veggie chip? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment